Wind Energy Systems
With the increasing demand of installing Wind Turbine/Wind parks based on
various technologies of wind turbine generators (WTGs), the following research
topics are carried out at Khalifa University:
- Developing stochastic model for wind energy and reducing the uncertainty of
wind power generation.
- High-fidelity and precise estimation for wind power plant generation.
- Developing fast and precise grid synchronization schemes for WTGs.
- Modeling of WTGs/Wind Parks for RMS, Dynamic and Transient Studies.
- WTGs Inter-convertor oscillations and mitigation techniques.
- Standalone control strategies for wind turbine generators.
- Enhanced ancillary services for WTGs and Wind Parks in adherence of grid
- Integrated design and control for large scale wind power plant through VSC-
HVDC and VSC-MTD integration.
- Advanced Wind Power Plant SCADA Controllers (Centralized and
decentralized) and online forecasting tool to facilitate system monitoring, optimal
operation and data provision.
- Energy Storage System applications for enhancing wind power plant
operation with dispatching black-start capabilities.
Fig. An exemplary layout of wind park.